Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When I Look At You

As I was on the walking on the beach watching the sunrise I replayed this song over and over. Automatically, most songs have to do with a significant other (either by a heart full of love or pain) but in my stage of life right now, my heart isn't full of either, its just plain content. And I am choosing that state of being with an open heart. I am on my own right now and just decided to stay there for awhile. I am dismissing all the so called "clock is ticking" comments, and looking the other way while other women look at me with concerned eyes that I will never find that true love...I laugh. I used to think of that fairy tale ending, and in some way I still do. But a fairy tale ending to me doesn't necessarily have to end with a man on a white horse, but a girl who has made a life for herself, regardless if a man is there or not. I am no longer looking for the hero in someone, but the heroine in myself. He will come eventually but when my mind and heart are ready for him ( but he may not come at all, which I am no longer concerned about). Some people rush to be ready for the next stage, and I am choosing to enjoy the "getting ready" part. Stopping and smelling the roses as they say.

Back to the song. This is a pop song and I am sure, with some of you, you may cringe but it is by Miley Cyrus, "When I look at You." When I was on the beach listening to this song trying to get the meaning out of it, I thought of God. But after tonight, God doesn't fit this song. As you will read in future posts, I am religious, but I don't always necessarily follow what the "church" perceives as God. I have read some recent books, researched some recent topics, and spoken to others about the history of God and church, and I feel there is a hidden power or control struggle that the church can sometimes bring on people and their perceptions of God.

Anyway, as a part of my continuous healing, and goal to stop and smell the roses, the rest of the month of April, I dedicate all my posts to people who have helped heal my heart, brought happiness to my life, supported me, believed in me, taught me something, and the list goes on. This post is dedicated to my dad. His pure happiness for life and laugher, faith in love, independence, and undying strength, has taught me so much and brought so much security in my life. I KNOW I can always count on him. He keeps me laughing and lightens up the mood in sticky situations, he stays calm when need be, but stands up for himself and family without being asked, and he is a loyal husband, father, brother and son. His example brings joy to my heart and a tear to my eyes. I love him dearly.

This is for you dad...


Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
Beautiful melody, when the nights so long

Cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy

When my world is falling apart,
when there is no light to break up the dark
That's when I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore and I
can't find my way home anymore
That's when I look at you

When I look at you
I see forgiveness, I see the truth
You love me for who I am like the stars
hold the moon
Right there where they belong and I know
I'm not alone

When my world is falling apart,
when there is no light to break up the dark
That's when I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore and I
can't find my way home anymore
That's when I look at you



No comments:

Post a Comment